SE Home Avenue SAFE Project- UPDATE
If you were able to attend the virtual tour for the SE Home Avenue SAFE project on June 22nd, thank you for your participation! There were 33 participants, and the project team received a lot of helpful feedback and insights from folks.
The online survey is now live and will remain open through July 31st. Please share your feedback with us at www.surveymonkey.com/r/HomeAveSAFE.
As a reminder, these are the project goals for Home Avenue:
- Create a continuous, 5-foot wide ADA compliant sidewalk on one side of the street.
- Preserve healthy trees as much as possible.
- Minimize impacts to existing infrastructure and private property.
- Repave the roadway to increase the lifespan and function of the street.
- Implement needed sewer repairs on SE Harrison Street (between SE 47th and Home Avenues) and on SE Home Avenue (between SE Harrison and Monroe Streets).
Design work will continue through 2020 with construction anticipated to begin in summer 2021.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact Tracie Heidt at 503-235-5881 or email at Tracie@jla.us.com.